More on the last voyage
- Route sixth voyage
- Pictures last voyage
- Pictures Tjilatjap evacuation
- Abbekerk’s gunners (I), Lt Geoff North’s story
- Abbekerk’s gunners (II): Walter MacNab’s story
- My Fighting Congregation
- The Sinking of Abbekerk and other war memories (Dutch)
- They fought with what they had
- Tweedale’s war (BBC People’s War)
- Willard A. “Bill” Heath
- Sidney McConville, Newspaper article about a crewmember
- The Crew
- Crew Pictures
- No ordinairy war, the eventful career of U604
- Documents Atlantic sinking 1942
- Tjilatjap evacuees list
- English movementcard
- Dutch movement card
- Australian Movementcard
Adriaan Willem Kik (1919-2000)
Lest we forget
The Netherlands started the war with 640 seagoing ships. From these 351 ships were lost during the war. Of the 12000 Dutch and 6500 other nationalities that manned those ships, 3600 were killed.
Killed while serving on Abbekerk:
Still under repair …
The site is still not fully repaired after a hack attempt. Some parts, including few of the Dutch translations and menu’s,still do not work yet. This will be fixt later this year.
Apologies for the inconvenience, Peter.
The Last Voyage, week by week
Adriaan Kik’s memoirs
About the main stories
Ivor Markman says:Hi there, I was recently given a pile of photographs documenting...
Greg Bakker says:
Eric Swenson says: